A famous politician of his time, Colonel George Ruset Roznovanu, commissioned this building at the end of the nineteenth century in memory of his son, Alexander, passed away at the age of 20. Surrounded by the Arboretum Park Roznov, the church impresses by its unusual architecture in the area. Having special ties with Russia and Russian nobility, the Roznovanus commissioned this church similar to the Russian ones – with stone walls, the layout as a cross with equal arms on top of which there is the onion-shaped dome. Inside the church, the gilded bronze iconostasis, made in Moscow between 1890 and 1892, impresses with its size and rich decorations. The harmonious painting was done by Costin Petrescu who also painted the Romanian Athenaeum.
Dedication Day: “Saint Nicholas the Hierarch” (December 6th) and “St. Alexander ” (August 30th)
This tourist destination is part of the circuit: Roznov – Războieni – Roman